Send funds to another 0zk address privately
In addition to privatizing funds, RAILGUN also supports robust completely sealed peer to peer payments. Just like a bank account or Venmo transaction, all details of a 0zk to 0zk transfer are hidden from public view, including sender, recipient, token type, and amount.
- 1.To start a Private Send, click the "Send" button on your 0zk balance screen.
- 2.Paste in the destination 0zk address or choose from your saved addresses. Select token type and amount and click "Confirm amount".
- 3.Click "Next" to proceed. After confirming the first token and amount, you can send multiple assets as a part of the same transaction by clicking "Another token"
- 4.Click "Generate Proof" to proceed.
- 5.Once proof generation is complete, click "Send" to submit the transaction.
- 6.Once the transaction is submitted to the blockchain, you will receive a notification as below.
- 7.You can see the details of any Private Sends in your "Activity" tab.
Only the holder of the Private Key or Viewing Key can decrypt the details of a transaction. The image below is what the above example transaction looks like to anyone observing on a block explorer. The "From" address is the Relayer address and the "To" address is the RAILGUN smart contract whilst all other details are hidden except for gas paid.
This Private Send is a valid blockchain transaction and the recipient has complete control over the recevied 5 DAI like any other blockchain transfer.
Last modified 30d ago